Friday, November 21, 2014
We had a wonderful time during our stay in Mt Gambier - the first stop on our road trip. The town itself was lovely, the natural attractions were gorgeous & the cool, blustery weather was very nice for all the walking we did.
In our three day stay, we walked around the Blue Lake (not yet at it's bluest, but pretty spectacular all the same), met an echidna, visited Cave Garden, spent some time at the Naracoorte Caves (which are awesome), saw lots of blue wrens, hiked the Mountain Trail, picnicked in the gorgeous Umpherston Sinkhole Garden, did a little shopping & ate some very nice food.
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Monday, November 17, 2014
The hot, hot days have started (quite abruptly, or so it feels), but we're still getting some lovely cool nights & mild days - thank goodness, I'm not quite ready for summer...
Shake up your work routine.
Been hanging out on instagram - all sorts of lovely & cute, delicious, wanderlust-inspiring & beautiful...
Awe-inspiring places. Beautiful countryside. Interesting cities to wander in. Magic light.
I've been enjoying watching this project all year.
I'll have some maple syrup cake please. Or vanilla bean confetti cookies, perhaps triple chocolate & vanilla crumb cake, or a peanut butter & dark chocolate skillet cookie, or maybe a chocolate chip buttermilk cake? I'm not that fussy really.
& getting excited about the Christmas Bazaar.
Friday, November 14, 2014
1. walking around the blue lake in Mt Gambier.
2. the utterly amazing scenery along the Great Ocean Road.
3. lush forest & stunning waterfalls in the Otway National Park.
4. fish & chips on the beach at Apollo Bay.
5. gourmet picnic in the grounds of Como House.
6. browsing, wandering, eating & shopping in Melbourne.
7. the Conservatory in the Fitzroy Gardens - full to the brim with spring blooms.
photos 5 & 6 by Kathryn
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Another lovely weekend at the Flinders Street Market - even with the bit of rain on Saturday afternoon, the weather was lovely & we had our best Sunday yet. We also had some time to plot a few stall improvements & think about our decorations for the Christmas Bazaar.
Lots of beautiful things, good coffee, lovely people, yummy food - it really is a brilliant way to spend the weekend...
Monday, November 10, 2014
Friday, November 7, 2014
1. Port Campbell \\ 2. beach at Gibson Steps \\ 3. beach at Gibson Steps (facing the other direction) \\ 4. between Lorne & Apollo Bay \\ 5. Apollo Bay