Thursday, December 20, 2012

sweet somethings...


I think I already mentioned that we've been baking lots of goodies for Christmas...


we baked lots of honey cookies - they're something my Babcia (grandma) has always baked. Ours are never quite the same, but they're pretty good, if I do say so myself...


& I do mean lots...



I also baked a pair of boiled fruit cakes - we've already ah, 'sampled' one. Actually it's pretty much all gone - this is the recipe I use - with the addition of a teaspoon of coffee, dissolved in a little hot water - I also just used a mix of the dried fruit we already had (including sultanas, cranberries, apricots & peaches)...


& I baked these rye muffins last week, to help with the cleaning.  I adapted them slightly - in a double batch I added an extra egg, some mixed spice & some chopped dried fruit - they make a very nice snack.


2 comments:

  1. Honey cookies?! They look and sound delicious! Beautiful photos and beautiful blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking with you was swoo much fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)